Click for homepage
Wednesday, January 19, 2005
this is fire safety?
now i'm relatively new to the whole working in an office experience. after all i am still a college student with another year and a half left before graduation. but at the school i attend they have a co-op program which allows us to get working experience for 6 months at a time so that we'd be better prepared for when we complete our schooling, so in addition to my summer internships this is what i've been doing for the last 3 months and what i intend to do until LONDON BABY!!! (that is how i shall officially refer to it from now on, no ifs, ands, or buts).

today however was a truly new experience, one which i do not believe my university intended for me to learn during said co-op. this morning we had a fire drill, which i never really thought i'd have to endure after i left high school but i digress, after the alarms went off and i reached for my jacket, unlike some people who shall remain url'less i do not live in the sunbelt and here
people die from the cold, when suddenly i heard a big slam. my first thought was damn it's just a fire alarm why would somebody jump, after coming to my senses and exiting my cubicle i realized that the slamming, which i thought was a body, was actually the sound of all the doors, to both offices and hallways, slamming shut automatically.

now maybe it's just me, and i understand that by shutting the doors their intention may be to prevent those lucky enough to have an office to burn like all the lowly cubicle workers like myself, BUT, doesn't having the doors slam shut produce a further obstacle that those lucky enough to have an office must now overcome, not to mention the doors to the hallway that ALL of us have to now get past? but then again, maybe those lucky enough to have an office also have a magical slide that pops out of their window and allows them to 'wheeeee' their way down to safety while us cubicle workers have to fend for ourselves overcoming slammed doors on our mad dash to the bitter cold safety.

all of this while trying to get our gloves and scarfs on of course.

my philosophy...

like a phoenix we burn
ourselves all our lives hoping
that the ashes will give birth
to a new us... but all that's left
in the end is nothing.


i have a penchant for nicknames

101 things all about me
e-mail me

instant message me

steal this button and link to me!

Blog Togs by Flirt

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker